Saturday, March 27, 2010

Some new ideas for Christinas room...

I've decided that instead of going with the mirrored Hollywood Regency set from Pier One, I'd like to find a French Provicial dresser and refinish it. Upon my search, I cam across this baby.

Do you see how it doubles as a desk? I love it. I am going to check it out tomorrow and it just may come home with me. My question is, Do I leave it the Seaglass color-or do I do a distressed antique white to match her future bed, dresser and nightstand once I find them???

6 comments:

  1. oo that's a gorgeous piece of furniture..i think i'd paint it to match the other furniture..unless there are small accents in the same colour like on cushions or something to tie it into the room

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, even though I think it's very pretty the way it is, and I feel bad painting it, I have to. The rest of the furniture will be Cottage White. Thanks for your input :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this piece!!! I'm indecisive. I like the seaglass color but I can see it in white as well. Sorry I'm no help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, me too! I think as of now-we've decided to keep t original, but that could change too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, do I LOVE this piece. It's amazing! Great find. Where did you find it?

    I would leave it this color...but I'm a little biased. I LOVE this color! You could leave it, and always change it later if it doesn't seem perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my.. what an amazing find! I would keep it just the way it is, but I do like your idea of making things match. :]

    ReplyDelete